Monday, March 19, 2012

March Memories

When these were hanging from the dining room chandelier I detested them...
So, I took I turned them into something even Pollyanna would be proud of, a prism garland.
March 2 was "Read Across America Day" so I told the kids to dress up as a character from one of their favorite books then write a poem about that person. Jane Eyre was my first choice.
Ben was "Dickon" from "The Secret Garden" (we've been reading this story together for school.)

AbbySue was "Sophie" from her favorite book "The BFG".

And Zibby was "Strawberry Shortcake"...of course.
But, one of my favorite March memories has to be the magic show our kids put on with the "Hurley Clan". Ben was "The Great Bendino" and their show included everything from a disappearing (and, thank the Lord, re-appearing) hamster to "The Girl who was Cut in Half!" Not only were Ronda and I impressed but I can attest to the fact that I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.


Two big kids just headed out to Champoeg State Park for "Pioneer Days" with a carload of
home schoolers...and Zibby was invited to play at Papa and Gramma's for a bit, so here I sit in an empty, quiet house.

Weird.

I don't really think I have been completely alone in The Old House for more than an hour since we moved in...(December).

Quiet.

I almost don't know what to do with myself....besides posting a blog.

The whirlwind of settling into Silverton life is finally beginning to pass and we are beginning to feel home again.

So here are a few photos of life lately....everyday, wonder-full, life.

It's never dull...even when it's quiet.




No comments:

Post a Comment