Sunday, January 31, 2010

Psalm 143:10

"Teach me to do Your will O God, may Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing."

I came upon this verse early yesterday morning just before I left to run the Willamette Mission Trail Challenge...let's just say it was applicable.

The course consisted of 6.2 miles of shoe sucking mud, moss covered tree trunks precariously strewn across the trail, a few very slippery steep hills, and bramble bushes coming at you out of nowhere. Not to mention the 200 runners slipping and sliding on the narrow path all around you. Forget about your pace..this is survival.

Why? That was the question I heard being grunted through every labored breath around me...."Why am I doing this?"

Back to Psalm 143:10 'Teach me to do Your will O God, may Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing."

That is why I ran in the mud and jumped over trees for 6 miles. God speaks to me there. He whispers to my heart about His grace. He makes the un-forseen, surmountable. He keeps me steady. And then I apply it in the race of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love that the Lord brought you to this verse and you were able to see the application. Thank you for sharing it with us, also. When we are obedient, the footing is always firm and he leads us on. I love it:)

    ReplyDelete