Sunday, August 12, 2012

Together

A few months after we bought The Old House, I had my doubts about the size of the place. In my heart I have always wanted small, simple, cozy, & easy to maintain kind of place.

I've questioned why God would give us a house with so much extra space.

I like simple.


We have lived here for eight months now and from our first Christmas in December until this past birthday weekend in August, hardly a week goes by when this place isn't filled with family and friends. 

I'm not a gifted hostess. I'm a hobbit. 

Still, there is something very heartwarming about having this big old place alive with memories of our own. 

I've noticed that it's easy to relax here...by the fireplace or the pond, in the garden, or under the birch trees. 

It's pleasantly imperfect. 

Uncle Lorn, Aunt Dory, Barrett, & Audrey just went home after an almost two week stay with us. The Old House was Home Base. The rest of the family came over everyday. 

Togetherness....

The Bible says, "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for the brethren to dwell together in unity.."

Dwelling together in unity happens here a lot...and now I know why God blessed us with the extra space. 

He has a plan...

It's that simple. 

 Cross Stitching Cousins
Peaceful Pathway

Family Reunion 

1 comment:

  1. Did you move?
    I would like to see more of the house and outside area.
    How are you doing? We are playing baby with #4, Baby Wren Bonham~

    ReplyDelete