Monday, February 27, 2012

Funky Town

It's not everyday that you get the chance to pack up your classroom and take it on the road. Last week Aaron needed to get some work done in Seattle and because it was also his birthday, we tagged along to celebrate.
Seattle is...hmmm...how can I put this? Seattle is funky. I mean, I think a lot of cities try "funky", but Seattle is the real deal. Where else can you take your kids to see the worlds largest "Chewed Gum Wall"? Or, run through a park whose trees are wearing hand knit sweaters? It's bustling in a grungy way. So being a teenager of the nineties and the daughter of hippies, I get it. I think our kids get it too.
From Pikes Place Market to the Seattle Aquarium, the Emerald City is delicious, friendly, and absolutely gorgeous, especially on one of those rare days when the sunlight sparkles across Puget Sound and the city dwellers crawl out of their cubicles , with those beady northwestern mole eyes....looking blindly up to a clear blue sky.
Yes, Seattle...your city is something to see. And we look forward to seeing more of you.
Our classroom.
Our hotel had the loveliest views.
Chewed Gum Wall...Zibby said, "Mommy, it smells like spit here." (of course I made them contribute their own freshly chewed Bazooka Bubble Gum...they were gagging. I think I scored some major gross out points on this one.)
Sweater Trees
Pikes Place Market
The Seattle Aquarium...who are these big kids?

4 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! Love the classroom view!! Homeschooling at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love It! Derek and I have lots of conversations about school and if our kids went he would Never see them! :) We too love Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! I have never heard of the gum wall. gross. and sweater trees?? weird. i will have to show my kids.
    glad you guys had lots of fun! gotta love the west coast.
    love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! That first one reminds me of my first office and real job after college in Seattle. I had almost identical views from my cubicle. :)

    ReplyDelete