Monday, March 23, 2015





The ways of God are unpredictable. He is mysterious and good. We can trust Him. When we move along through life, yielded to His voice and His purposes for us we can let go of worry and fear...but something in us is driven to "figure out" what He is up to.

Impossible. 

Still we insist on searching for "clues" about His plans for our lives like a sort of spiritual Sherlock Holmes.

Unfortunately our attempts at sleuthing around Omnipotence will always come up cold. 

I mean, come on...who are we fooling but ourselves?

"For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?" Romans 11:34 

If we knew what He was going to do with our "every days" how would our faith grow?

Clearly He has a better way. 

I wonder if His will has not as much to do with the end result or the receiving, but more about the refining and the growing that happened in-between these divine purposes. 

Do I know that He loves me and that He is with me today? 

This is His will for me.

I have to believe this most on those days when I face a pile of dishes or a load of laundry. 

These predictable tasks are most taxing...even degrading at times.

"This is His will today...HE is with me and HE loves me." 

Scrub. Sweep. Fold.

Predictable.

His will not my own.

I have to know this when plans change...

We are selling our old trailer that I so hoped to see restored.
(after uncovering the facts that it will require more time than we have to put into it.)

Willow & Juniper LLC is no more. 
(but the seeds from this business have been planted into a new business for Rachael, her family, and our community. I'm grateful to have been a small part of that.)

Stop. Sell. Close.

Unpredictable. 

His will not my own.

It's ok because I know that HE is with me and He loves me.

The mystery of His will that seemed to be just beyond my reach was here all along...

The gift of Today and the Grace to go with it. 

HE is with you Abby Sue..as you step into a new chapter of your life as a young adult, and HE loves you.

HE is with you Benji..as you soak up these last bits of your childhood and prepare to face the challenges of becoming a young man, and HE loves you.

HE is with you Zibby...as you trust Him for your sensitive heart and enjoy just being a kid for a little while longer than your big brother and sister, and HE loves you.

The cherry tree blossoms are flying away like snowflakes on a spring breeze today, yielding their glory and beauty for a more fruitful purpose.

Without the wind whipping away her beauty there would be no fruit.










No comments:

Post a Comment