Saturday, October 16, 2010

Punkin' Patch!














I have been chomping at the bit to go pumpkin hunting with the kiddos here in New England. I mean, seriously, this place is the very definition of "Autumn". It goes unsaid that we feel blessed to live here and experience this beautiful season together. So, yesterday afternoon we finally got the chance to take the kids to a local farm. Jane & Paul's Farm was perfect. The air was crisp, the sun setting behind rows of corn and trees on fire with color stopped me in my tracks. We had the whole pumpkin patch to ourselves. The crusty New Englander, with his heavy accent and deep set wrinkles, gave us our wagon, a potato sack, and told us we would find the pumpkins growing just pass the "cahn" (corn). Good thing I made the kids wear boots...the mud and puddles made us feel right at home! Needless to say, the afternoon was everything you dream of when you are blessed with three kids. Who doesn't start planning out costumes and dreaming of pumpkin patch photos from the day these little ones are born? It's kind of one of the "rights of passage" as parents. (Not that it always goes so smoothly...right!?)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you all got to do that! The kids look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your autumn! At least it was cooler this year when we went to the pumpkin patch. Enjoy some of your Fall for me!

    ReplyDelete