Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Faith of a Child


It was such a blessing to be back home and at church today. We had a wonderful vacation, filled with so many precious memories, but, nothing compares to worshipping the name of the Lord together with the body of Christ. At our fellowship the kids come in for worship and sit together as a class in the front row. Abby Sue loves to worship and usually sings her heart out (slightly off key) to Jesus each Sunday. The songs today were filled with words of adoration, honor, & glory to God. Afterwards, one of our pastors/worship leaders, Tom, encouraged the congregation to take the time and offer up prayers of thanksgiving and praise to the Lord. Aaron and I were sitting towards the back when we heard a little voice from up in the front boldly pray out loud,..."Thank You Jesus that we can all be at church today. Amen." That little voice was our Abby Sue. Needless to say my eyes filled with tears and I wondered how my 7 year old daughter could give thanks to Jesus without inhibition while I sat in the back, tongue-tied by my spiritual cynicism. Thank You Lord for using my own child to remind me about the kind of faith you ask for, the faith of a child, undiluted, unwavering, unaffected faith.

"Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3&4

No comments:

Post a Comment