Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More than just green pancakes...



 

I have always loved St. Patrick's Day. Any holiday that doesn't involve buying gifts is so much more fun! When the kids were very little I started the tradition of making green pancakes with green chocolate milk for breakfast every March 17th. Last night we read about who St. Patrick really was. I think it must be the Irish in me, but this is a wonderful day to remember the example of one man who, by faith, took the light of the gospel to a nation that was spiritually in the dark. I know that Abby Sue and Ben were encouraged by St. Patrick's faith and so was I.

2 comments:

  1. Is that french toast or pancakes? Do you just put food coloring in it? You are too clever:) I will have to go read St. Paddy's story (a day late)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pancakes. I tried to make them look like shamrocks..haha! Ya, u just put the green coloring in the pancake mix..very easy! (I usually just use Krusteaz pancake mix, which makes it even simpler!) I also made smiley faces out of chocolate chips on the big kids pancakes..they loved that!

    ReplyDelete