Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mamo & Papo



My Grandma (Mamo) lives just a few houses down the road from us. She is wonderful. Today I stopped by for a visit. The house is filled with everything that feels like home to me. Her needlework covers the walls, old books and pictures fill the shelves. Papo sits comfortably in his easy chair just across from her cozy wingback.  Their memories are still sharp telling stories vivid with detail as I soak in the pleasantness of it all. My baby daughter loves her "Mamoo & Papoo". She toddles between the two of them babbling away as they smile down at her. My heart overflows, grateful that my own children can know and learn from these two dearest of souls.
When it was time for us to go Mamo gave Ben some stickers ,that she had been saving, to share with Abby Sue. The stickers were a hit and kept their little hands busy all afternoon. Ben made a picture of our family & Jesus for daddy and Abby Sue created a picture of her class for her teacher Mrs. Parson. They turned out so sweet. I want to find more of these "faces" stickers, the possibilities are endless!

1 comment: